Fórum Global

An Evening of (and about) Electronic Music - 18:00, Wed. Feb. 5 Colegio dos Jesuitas

An Evening of (and about) Electronic Music - 18:00, Wed. Feb. 5 Colegio dos Jesuitas

por Sergi Bermudez i Badia -
Número de respostas: 0

An Evening of (and about) Electronic Music

When:18:00, Wed. Feb. 5
Place: Colegio dos Jesuitas
Who: P L U I E S (Pauline MIKO), Hanns Holger RUTZ, Chris CSIKSZENTMIHALYI

Free (libre) and open to the public!

Join three artists crossing between the borders of sound, music, installation, performance, and visual art as they discuss their own practice and the state of electronic music in Europe and the world. Pauline Mikó [aka PLUIES] is a Belgo-Hungarian Artist and Photographer born in 1991 in Brussels. Graduated from La Cambre (BA) and KASK School of Arts (MA) in Belgium, Pauline runs the MIKO/MIKO STUDIO since in 2015, a Photography and Art Direction studio based in Brussels. Full of energy, curiosity, creativity and passion for everything she does and creates, Pauline also plays music as Pluies (Modular Synthesizer, Dulcimer and Plants). Hanns Holger Rutz (b. 1977 in Germany) is a sound artist, composer, performer, researcher and software developer in electronic art. His work, mainly comprised of sound and intermedia installation, live improvisation and electroacoustic composition, has been internationally exhibited, performed and awarded. In his creations, the development and research on software and algorithms plays an important role. Chris Csikszentmihalyi (b. 1968) is the European Research Area Chair, a board member, and a professor at Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute, where he also runs the Critical Technical Practice Lab. His ongoing project DJ I, Robot Sound System premiered at Transmediale and has toured on four continents, playing with Toshinori Kondo, George Lewis, among others.