eGamesLab - Scouting Call

eGamesLab - Scouting Call

por Pedro Filipe Pereira Campos -
Número de respostas: 1

== Scouting Call - Multiple Positions Available, Phd and Post-Doc at the eGames Lab ==

egameslab.pt

* We are looking for 50 talented, motivated researchers wishing to join a 100+ people team in Lisbon’s Creative Hub and/or Madeira’s Cultural Research Center, at a PhD and Post-Doc level. *

The eGames Lab is a unique eGames development and creative industries cluster in Portugal, bringing together 14 companies, R&D centers, and public & private entities to leverage the sector’s competitiveness and position itself globally. It is a national cluster across Madeira, Azores, Lisbon, and Évora; with close ties and cooperation with Carnegie Mellon University (USA), HIT Lab New Zealand, Victoria University of Wellington, ITU Copenhagen, AmazonWebServices (AWS), GameTech in London (UK), as well as with industry players and consultants from game hubs, in a total investment of 30M€ funded through Portugal’s Recovery and Resilience Plan.

ITI – the Interactive Technologies Institute – is the eGamesLab central research unit and will focus on advancing state of the art in game-related research areas. Videogame companies will have the opportunity to leverage this research into their products and services.

We are looking for 50 talented, motivated researchers wishing to join a 100+ people team in Lisbon’s Creative Hub and/or Madeira’s Cultural Research Center, at a PhD and Post-Doc level.

Some of the main topics and supervisors are below:

- Games and natural language generation to improve experience-based training (e.g., therapists or volunteers learning to talk to clients; medical practitioners soliciting information from patients), with Prof. Robert Kraut (CMU) and Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa).

- Transformational games, inclusive innovation in design, with Prof. Jessica Hammer (CMU) and Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa).

- Persuasive design, narrative-rich games and character identification, and the application of psychological theory to transformational game design, with Prof. Geoff Kaufman (CMU) and Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa).

- Transformative Games and Storytelling for the Green Deal, provide information, engagement and access to nature and biodiversity with the intent to create awareness of the European Green Deal, with Prof. Valentina Nisi (IST Lisbon) and Prof. Nuno Nunes (IST Lisbon).

- AI-powered novel ways of creating dynamic plots between the different characters in order to increase the level of entertainment for the players, with Dr. Vanessa Cesário (ITI/LARSyS), Dr. Diogo Cabral (IST Lisbon) and Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa).

- Arts and Gaming, Convergent Feminism and Speculative Futures, with Prof. Patrícia Gouveia (Fine Arts Univ. of Lisbon), Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa) and Dr. Luciana Lima (ITI/LARSyS).

- Usage and evaluation of Social gaze interaction as a novel game mechanics, immersive gameplay experiences, with Prof. Augusto Esteves (IST Lisbon) and Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa).

- New physical and virtual modes of locomotion for realistic, immersive gameplay experiences, with Prof. Stephan Lukosch (HIT Lab New Zealand), Prof. Nell Baghaei (XR Lab, Univ. of Queensland), Prof. Craig Anslow (Victoria University of Wellington NZ), Prof. Augusto Esteves (IST Lisbon), Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa).

- Process innovation in Game Design and Development, Analysis and design of startup accelerator environments for the videogame industry, with Prof. Lene Nielsen (ITU Copenhagen) and Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa).

- Exergames for Healthy Physical Activity and Sports Science, with Prof. Élvio Gouveia (UMa), Prof. Stephan Lukosch (HIT Lab New Zealand) and Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa).

- Pro-Social Computing for Energy Communities, with Dr. Lucas Pereira (ITI/LARSyS) and Prof. Pedro Campos (UMa).

Please send your Questions or Expressions of Interest (and other documentation you may find useful for assessment) to Prof. Pedro Campos: pedro (dot) campos (at) iti (dot) larsys (pt) 

Em resposta a 'Pedro Filipe Pereira Campos'

Re: eGamesLab - Scouting Call

por Sandra Monica Anjo Camara -

Dear Pedro,

I am pursuing a Ph.D. in Digital Media at Nova  University Lisbon (working from ITI). My area of study is Augmented Reality Serious Games as to facilitate and motivate children towards STEM concepts, which hopefully I will be able to defend at the beginning of next year. I am very interested in the area "Transformational games, inclusive innovation in design". My Masters is from Entertainment Technology, which is align with Prof. Jessica Hammer background, so I believe I will be a great fit for this area.

Please consider me for a future position as a Post-Doc at the eGames Lab.

Best regards,

Sandra Olim  

https://www.linkedin.com/in/olimsandra/

Website of Research:

https://periodicfable.arditi.pt/